performance review I guesss

alright so I'm supposed to show like two projects and review them and stuff. if you can't tell, I'm VERY done right now, I'm exhausted. whatever. here we go.

so as you can see, you have already seen this. it's Julia and Jared. yippee.
the first one was a popart project, and the other one was like,, something with Photoshop 101. both of them didn't take very long.

how long did it take?

julia took like... a week, and jared took two days. you can see which one I liked better, clearly.

any issues?

I didn't have any problems with Julia, she was easy. jared, however. his hair was so hard!!! I relied heavily on effects to make it look at least semi decent.

good critique?

I didn't get a lot of critique. or at least... useful ones. I'm sorry, but like?? criticizing the color pallet isn't really critique, Helen (she doesn't exist it's a white girl insult).

what did you learn?

I mostly learned how to use the Wacom, it was pretty dope. I already knew the basics of photoshop because of freshman year and the previous projects.

did you edit anything?

both ideas are close to the original.  I tend to stick to my original ideas for my sake, as my mind goes a million miles a minute. HENCE why I don't like making 10-30 sketches for one thing. I already know what I'm doing.

anything else?

I mean, I like GD. but I don't have the mental capacity to continue next year. it's too much about the progress and not the result. I don't need 50 sketches for an entire logo I thought up of while I was being given instructions.

did you work efficiently?

okay, If I'm done with a project early, I'm going to do my own thing in order to relax. it's just how I roll. I don't want to work on a project more than I already have to, other than messing with effects.

did you do anything outside of class?

I often ask Elliot, an ONW (2018) alumni for advice on how he did things. he took GD his junior year (he was in a sophomore class, then went into animation. but he was REALLY good at GD.)

what are your strengths?

I feel like I work quickly and efficiently, and I have a creative mind. however, often times I don't know how to interpret that into my assignments. it makes me kind of angry that I don't have as much creative freedom as I should. like... if I wanna make a raccoon pink then I will. bet.

anything else~?

overall, I learned a lot from GD. I now know how to make memes in photoshop. I'll probably put more effort into my projects next semester, but I dunno. depends on how I like it. closing thoughts: love the skills I've learned from this class, but just like ecomm, it's only a stepping stone so I can have my own career, not working for anyone. just... myself.

edits: I HAVE TO WRITE ABOUT MY INFOGRAPHIC. ARE. YOU. KIDDING.
theres too much writing!!!!!! I can't!!!!! you already know how it went! fine >:(

my infographic took forever because there was so much to do. we had to do everything separately, because apparently thats how it works. I understand that some people take forever to.. oh nevermind, ill just do this when I get home. I'm not putting this much effort into a blog post. my hands are cramped.

nope. I need a good grade. lets continue.
I learned that I sucked at illustrator. I didn't edit anything, I liked my idea. call me close-minded. I liked the project, not the process. if it were up to me, I'd finish in two class days, a week at most. I worked efficiently, so ill give myself points for that. I mostly complained to Eli to relieve stress, but whatever.
In summary: im glad it's over, but It was a learning experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Color schemes

Our House, in the Middle of Our House

the AB project