Sophomore final

So here's a little reflection on all of my favorite second semester projects. I'm supposed to pick three, which should be easy because second semester was my jam.

typography

So my first favorite of semester two was the typography project. It took me around three weeks or so to complete. I had to pick song lyrics/quotes, typefaces, format them, make graphics, etc. I had a lot of trouble deciding what quotes to do, since a lot of the music or quotes I had listed meant a lot to me. I learned a lot about balance and typeface, how to make more words look more emphasized than others. I was told often to add more graphics, lines, etc. and I did. but I also really liked the empty minimalist feel. I stuck mostly to the ideas I had in my head, except for maybe the bi heart. the gradients were finicky. I just.. I really liked it?? it sparked joy???? that's why I like a lot of these projects.








vector

 another one I really enjoyed was the vector graphics. that took around a month, I'm pretty sure. I faced a lot of challenges, like how dirty my cat is (rest in peace) and how... off color my boyo is?? I don't know. I learned a lot about illustrator, and how to use the pen tool, and the curved pen tool- which is very underrated. I was hoping that it would be more accurate to my late baby, but nah. it's just off. oh well. like I said, this was my late cat. so of course I like this project.

logo

my most favorite project was probably the logos, though. I had to create my own, and I'm really proud of it. my main challenge was the fact that I'm not a huge fan of logos with lots of colors, or a huge process. I had to do like thirty sketches and at least 3-5 different colors. no way. I stuck to a black and white logo, which is perfectly valued. I learned a lot about how much I dislike sketching so many things, dumping out ideas, etc. I also learned that some colors just don't work together. I liked it because I'm going to be using this logo later on, and it's gonna be pretty much my face online.
I worked on independent projects or just simply doodled when I was done early. which was a lot, I'm.a fast worker. I sometimes asked my best friend Elliot about things in illustrator, which technically counts as research? I dunno. I don't really work on ecomm outside of class, I can't. since I don't have a Mac. I'm a harsh self critic, I always double check things before I turn them in.

I've been in ecomm for two years now, and I have learned a lot along the way. when people in animation can't step up during group projects, I have to. even though it literally isn't in my nature, and I shouldn't have to, and there are people with leader personalities who should do that for me. I also learned how to deal with really, really annoying people. I've learned that Crime Watch Daily, Deadly Women, and Forensic Files is my best friend when I really need to shut those really annoying testosterone ridden men out of my environment. 

I really need to work on my tolerance for people. like seriously. there are some annoying, ANNOYING people in both of my classes who don't do what they're supposed to do, slack off, talk too loud, don't take it seriously. and I have bad anger issues, especially with PMS. I really just- ugggggggggggh. 

I loved how I was able to expend my creativity and do a lot of things with my interests. I was able to binge forensic files, looking up song lyrics, etc. I just felt so creative and it felt really good, even though a lot of people in my class are annoying to high heaven. I have two main critiques, and I promise I'm not gonna be mean. my teacher could work a lot on being more assertive, especially with the group by her desk, because they literally do not shut up and it's so annoying. and maybe.. maybe work less on a process? 10 infographics and 30 sketches is sliiiiiiightly excessive, and maybe make an option for people to just dive straight into projects??? I don't know I just like going right in and feeling my way thru it. I want to focus on myself next year and what makes me happy. screw what other people think.
this year wasn't so bad. really. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our House, in the Middle of Our House

Color schemes

performance review I guesss