Our House, in the Middle of Our House

oh my god...

I've said it so many times it isn't even funny anymore, but this one.
this project...
this... HOUSE...
was by far the most painstaking, longest, and the most TEDIOUS project I have ever done in e9 so far. 
the satisfaction that washed over me when I realized all I had to do was paint... it was absolutely remarkable. The feeling of content when I realized I was done painting... treasuring. The moment when I rendered the final frame... the gratification...
Just stunning.
(in case you're wondering, this is my house)

alright, so...?

I heard the rumors from other animation students that this was the hardest project in e9. I took heed to this advice, but I also took it with a grain of salt, it couldn't be too hard, right? I already made multiple chairs. I felt like a master of sketchup.
oh, dear sweet naive little Audrey.
(by the way, this is the house I tried to replicate)
You start with a square, to scale. that's it. from there you have to make the roof, the window, the stairs, the railings, the chimney, the details. all of it. I even had to make my own textures, which was easy enough. these are the images I used:








Overall, I guess

I guess it went okay in the end. I didn't die, I mean, which is good. the upperclassmen were right though, this is a stressful project, and sketchup is a pretty difficult program to navigate. I wish I took their advice with a little more heed.
future freshmen of ONW, I would like you to now mentally prepare for the project and do a bit of research beforehand on this program. just.. to save yourself.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Color schemes

the AB project