RIP my little poopy butt- a vector portrait

Afro, my cat, died September something, 2018! he was eighteen, skinny, old and loved to cuddle. he was practically on death's door, so I was pretty alright when he was put down. Rip my little buttface.
to pay respect to my scruffy little baby, I decided to use this picture of him for the vectored portrait.
isn't he adorable??????
it didn't take long to like... crop anything. unfortunately, when I tried to posterize him, it didn't end up well. so I just used the organic picture. there was enough clear contrast that it was easy :D!

I would truly like to thank my friend, Eli for giving me tips for illustrator; he taught me about the pen curve tool (just below the pen tool) and it saved my life. this prevented the portrait from becoming too chunky, and smoothed out areas. so that ended up pretty well. overall it was fairly easy, it was just truly tedious. which I didn't mind, it was therapeutic in a way. I organized by layer: white, grey, face, ears, eyes, etc. etc. this allowed me to select certain things without having to group.
this he!!!! isn't he adorable :3
the final product is duller than he actually was in real life, but compared to the picture it looks really great! I would make things more consistent and maybe use less colors. overall, I'm really proud of this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Color schemes

Our House, in the Middle of Our House

the AB project